Thanks to Salena over at Journey of the Luptons for nominating me for this award!
Here’s how it works. There are 4 steps to receiving this award:
1. List 11 things about yourself.
2. Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
4. Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
11 Things About Me:
- I consider NYC my second hometown after going to NYU and living there for a total of 5 years.
- I love trying out new recipes, I have subscriptions to 3 food magazines.
- My favorite boy band was 98 degrees, followed by N’Sync.
- I’ve been a fan of fun. since they were The Format back in AZ. (Ok the lead singer is the same, but still, love them!)
- I almost didn’t go to the get together at my friend’s the night I met my husband.
- I have a dog planned out in my head down to the name. We just can’t have a dog yet.
- I love tonic water, just by itself, with a lime. And with gin.
- During undergrad I did not drink coffee regularly.
- I can only make coffee with my Keurig.
- One of my favorite foods is crepes. My grandmother’s family has French origins, so crepe pans are a necessity in our kitchens!
- I’ve seen all seasons of Project Runway, including All-Stars.
- How long have you been blogging? On here since October but in general: years. I had a Xanga and LiveJournal (oh I hope no one can find those…). I also have another blog too about food and travel.
- What made you start blogging? For this blog it was sparked by a class, but the idea has been floating around in my head for a year or so. I want to share what military life is like, and that being married to a man in the Army doesn’t change who I am as a person, just some of the everyday things are a bit different.
- What do you like the most about blogging? Sharing stories and connecting with people.
- How many relatives do you have and how old are they? The hubby, 2 parents, a brother, 8 cousins + their kids and my in-laws (there are a lot of them). Ages: youngest is 5, oldest 71.
- What do you like to do on your free time? Cook, travel, spend time with my loved ones and friends.
- What kinds of movies do you enjoy? Comedies and drama.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Maybe a few inches taller…
- Who are you closest to in your family? Besides my husband, my mom.
- Favorite website (not a blog)? Pinterest.
- What’s the best part about the holidays? The food!
- Where are you from? Phoenix, AZ
These are some of my fellow MCDMers’ blogs, military spouses, and friends! In no particular order, but I hope you all enjoy their blogs as much as I do.
- Creative Quince
- Restrictions Turned Creative
- Unicorn in Uniform
- Vintage 1969
- Take That to Go
- The Manic Military Wife
- And Then We Laughed
- Look Beyond the Imperfections
- A Writer’s Purpose
My questions for these bloggers:
- What sparked your blog idea?
- What’s been the most difficult part about blogging?
- What have you learned in the process of blogging?
- If you’re on Twitter, whose your favorite person to follow? If not, favorite Facebook page?
- What’s your favorite food?
- If you could only make one trip, where is the one place you want to visit in the world?
- What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?
- What’s that last book that you read (for fun)?
- What do you think about Pinterest?
- What’s your favorite magazine?
- Holiday cards: a do or don’t?
So that’s it! Who are some of your favorite bloggers? Thanks again to Salena for the award!