It has been awhile since I shared a recipe and do I have the perfect one for fall! On Pinterest I found a baked ravioli recipe from Martha Stewart and it sounded delicious, but I wanted some meat in it. The vegetarian meal would no doubt be delicious but I decided to make some adjustments. And it was a home run.
Not the best photo, but I promise it tasted a lot better than it looks.
Baked Ravioli with Italian Sausage and Tomato Sauce
1 lb Italian sausage
1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce
1 large package of ravioli (I used Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pan cook Italian sausage until cooked through. Add the tomato sauce and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer to heat sauce all the way through.
- While cooking the sausage, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook for half the time recommended on the package instructions (about 4 minutes).
- When ravioli is done, strain and put into a 9X13″ Pyrex. Add sauce and mix to coat the pasta. Top with the cheeses.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
And that’s it! Super simple and tasty.
Anyone else have a baked pasta dish that they love for fall? If you try this let me know how it goes!