Last month I celebrated my best friend’s impending nuptials with a bridal shower and bachelorette party in our hometown of Phoenix. We had a great time! My mom and I co-hosted the shower and when we started planning, I took to Pinterest to find ideas for decor and game ideas. I looked into buying a few of the ideas but it was expensive so instead I got crafty.
The main DIY I did was making a tassel garland. I was a bit nervous to work on it but I was able to get a system down. I used this website as a guide. Here’s what to do:
- Get your materials together – I chose 4 tissue paper colors (purchased at Target). You’ll also need twine, scissors or a paper cutter, and a hot glue gun.
- Fold the tissue paper in quarters (the steps in the blog linked above are helpful).
- Cut the paper up to 2″ from the fold. I used a paper cutter so it would be more precise and that I can’t cut in a straight line.
- Cut the paper in quarters so you have 4 pieces.
- Twist the top (where you didn’t cut) and then make a loop, glueing the pieces together.
- String the tassels onto the twine and hang. Space as you see fit.
Here are a few photos from the process:
I also made my own bridal game – “How well do you know the bride?” I saw it on Pinterest and while I found a few on Etsy, I decided that instead of paying to download and print one at home that I’d do some of my own design work. I downloaded some new fonts and design elements and got to work. Here’s what it looked like:
We also had a little activity where people wrote date night ideas on popsicle sticks for the couple to pick from in the future. It was cute and easy – plus, people had fun coming up with ideas.
What have you DIY’d for a party? Anything fun? I’d love to hear about it!